Re: [xsl] Can someone explain this generate-id and key xsl fragment to me?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Can someone explain this generate-id and key xsl fragment to me?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 19:34:04 +0000
On 28/02/2014 18:17, russurquhart1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I'm having to manage an xslt that someone else wrote, that generally works correctly, but when it doesn't i have problems.

In one template that is a for-each command that is executed. The line is:

<xsl:for-each select="//errata_section[generate-id(.)=generate-id(key('module-index', module_impacted)[1])]">
  <xsl:sort select="module_impacted"/>

That is the standard idiom known as Muenchian grouping (google for it) that was used to group items (or remove duplicates0 in XSLT 1. It is largely replaced by xsl:for-each-group in XSLT2.