Re: [xsl] XPath 3.0 question: What are function annotations?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath 3.0 question: What are function annotations?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 18:56:58 -0800
On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> My question is: What are function annotations and why they are nowhere
>> defined in the document?
>
> I also don't know what they are, but they're apparently not meant to be
> there.
>
> Section J.4.1, Substantive Changes, [1] says function annotations were all
> removed, as does the bug [2] to which the appendix refers.
>
> I suggest that you add a comment to the bug pointing out what you found.

Thank you, Tony.

So, it appears we need to regard this Proposed Recommendation with a
little grain of ... salt?  Or would it be just little?

Maybe they also missed out something else - important, or mixed other
things, too?

If someone wants to learn XPath 3.0 from this (the only normative)
document, would they be confident they understood the spec correctly?

Really hope there are no other issues of that scale, and obviously,
someone needs to re-read the whole document carefully. A working draft
with such issues is something normal, but a proposed recommendation?

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev
---------------------------------------