Re: [xsl] When to use text()

Subject: Re: [xsl] When to use text()
From: Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 16:00:38 +0000
On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Eliot Kimber <ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What is the alternative? Invent new terms for all concepts for which a
> common term would be appropriate?
>
> It is simply the case that in all technical standards there will be jargon
> uses of common terms. It is not reasonable or realistic to expect
> otherwise. It is not realistic or reasonable to expect to not have to look
> things up to learn or be reminded of the specific meaning of something in
> a standard.

As to what is reasonable,  my starting benchmark would be how many
programmers have ever read a language specification of any sort.

I would factor into the equation the fact that there are often several
layers of online tutorial, textbook, programmers refernce/nutshell
books separating the programmer from the programming specification and
wonder how many of those would include this sort of factlet.