Re: [xsl] Civil Discourse Required on XSL-List

Subject: Re: [xsl] Civil Discourse Required on XSL-List
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 17:30:22 +0000
I think one of the ways in which we behaved badly recently was that a visitor
(Heiko Niemann) asked a perfectly reasonable "how do I do X" question, and we
collectively hijacked the thread and used it for a discussion about the design
of the language and the philosophy of language design, a discussion in which
the originator apparently showed no interest and which indeed did not do much
to help in answering his question. Of course, this happens; conversations take
unpredictable turns, but I think we should take a little bit more
responsibility to be inclusive of the person who started the conversation.

Michael Kay
Saxonica