Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World
From: Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 17:35:08 +0000
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:20 PM, Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Ihe,
>
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> thats you.
>>
>> many others said sod this i'm going to use javascript and json for any
>> number of reasons that have been expressed in this thread.
>
> The way you phrase that, I get the impression you think that's a
> terrible thing, or that I should think it's a terrible thing.

It depends.

> Don't get me wrong: I want XML/XSLT to grow and flourish. On the other
> hand, I don't have to think Javascript and JSON are bad things. On the
> contrary, I think they help to relieve the pressure on XML/XSLT to be
> everything to everybody.

If it's a positive choice - JSON is right for my project. Fine.

If it's a negative choice - XML/XSLT sucks therefore I choose json...
then it's not a good thing.

Note it's not just Ja/Js. it could be Py/XML Ruby/XML. Same
considerations apply.

> Choosing a technology is really just choosing which set of problems
> you want to live with.

Indeed, but not all technologies get cut the same amount of slack.
There are embedded agenda's and prejudices at play. As I said in the
other thread you are already facing an uphill task with XSLT anyway.