Re: [xsl] Managing debug logging in complex transforms: what do people do?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Managing debug logging in complex transforms: what do people do?
From: Alex Muir <alex.g.muir@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 10:52:26 +0000
On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 7:48 AM, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thanks Alex,
>>
>> This is indeed another nice addition. We recorded this as well on our issue
tracking system and I also added the possibility to record all the debugging
data at each step and then you can re-play the debugging session from that
recorded data with the advantage that you will be able to move not only
forward but also back, so this will also solve the use case you mentioned.

> Never underestimate the ability of software people to find some way of using
all those gigabytes of memory our hardware friends are throwing at us.

Yeah maybe you would want to optimize and only implement this for a
given template at a time. So you could 'reverse debug template where
the cursor is'.

--
-

Alex Muir