Re: [xsl] Things that make you go Hmmmm!

Subject: Re: [xsl] Things that make you go Hmmmm!
From: John Lumley <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 18:03:14 +0000
On 28/03/2014 17:50, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
As to my point. For the same reasons I would expect the content models
of xsl:next-match, xsl:apply-templates and xsl:apply-imports to be the
same.
Whilst I very very rarely use xsl:apply-imports, there is a sense of it being slighty misnamed I agree.

Neither xsl:next-match nor xsl:apply-imports are the same as xsl:apply-templates, which changes the context focus to (most usually) somewhere else. Both of them have some equivalence to super() in OO (differing of course in the scope from when the super() is sought) which you wouldn't expect to change 'this' for, would you?

--
*John Lumley* MA PhD CEng FIEE
john@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>