Re: [xsl] Re: Turning escaped mixed content back to XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Turning escaped mixed content back to XML
From: Martin Holmes <mholmes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:49:00 -0700
On 14-03-28 02:18 PM, David Carlisle wrote:
On 28/03/2014 21:06, Martin Holmes wrote:
I spoke too soon. Passing this:

contains a single TEI-conformant document, comprising a TEI header and a
text, either in isolation or as part of a &lt;gi&gt;teiCorpus&lt;/gi&gt;
element.

into parse-xml-fragment() gets this fatal error:

FODC0006: First argument to parse-xml-fragment() is not a well-formed
and namespace-well-formed XML fragment. XML parser reported: I/O error
reported by XML parser processing
file:/home/mholmes/Documents/tei/council/translation/new_translations_into_specs.xsl:

404 Not Found for: http://www.saxonica.com/parse-xml-fragment/actual.xml

This is with Saxon 9.1.5.3 PE.

I must be missing something here. The default namespace is tei, the
xpath-default-namespace is tei, and all the other namespaces have
defined prefixes (tei has tei: too).

Cheers,
Martin

Don't you need to concatenate a start and end tag to the string?

You would get that error from an XML parser if you gave it a file with

contains a single TEI-conformant document, comprising a TEI header and a text, either in isolation or as part of a <gi>teiCorpus</gi> element.

I've tried that, but it seems to make no difference. But my reading of the spec suggests that it will accept a mixed-content fragment without a root element, though I may be misunderstanding it.

Cheers,
Martin

David