Re: [xsl] Things that make you go Hmmmm!

Subject: Re: [xsl] Things that make you go Hmmmm!
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 18:04:41 +0000
> Is that true,, we can't deprecate and rename some things in a new
> version of XSLT? Or change the way were doing things?
>
> Were declaring the version of stylesheet precisely so things can change
right.

It's been hard enough to get the user base to move forward when there's a high
level of backward compatibility. If everyone had to change their code then
most people wouldn't bother. There are millions of lines of XSLT code out
there, much of it with no test material. You want a new version of the
language to provide these people with a benefit not with a large conversion
cost.

Michael Kay