Re: [xsl] module extensibility

Subject: Re: [xsl] module extensibility
From: Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 17:16:33 -0400
On Fri, 2014-04-11 at 12:39 -0300, Max Toro wrote:
> Are there any other programming languages where I can import modules
> and override declarations besides XSLT? Using classes and inheritance
> does not count.

C would be another, although they're not called "modules". E.g. try
adding

ssize_t write(int fd, const void *buf, size_t count)
{
    return -1;
}

to your main C source file... :)

In document formatting troff was another - you could redefine/override
variables and macros.

However, in both C and troff, once you've overwritten a definition it's
rather hard to get to the original, unless you saved a reference to it
somehow.

Liam