Re: [xsl] null stylesheet?

Subject: Re: [xsl] null stylesheet?
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 23:34:42 +0100
> and that works perfectly well. But then I tried the slightly simpler
>
>  <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
version="1.0"/>

Yes, that's a legal stylesheet.

> But Saxon-HE 9.5.1.3J run from the commandline
> complains that "The supplied file does not appear to be a stylesheet"
> (this is an error, not a warning; # XTSE0150).

I suspect you got the command line arguments wrong. This message from Saxon
means that the file supplied as the stylesheet document did not have
xsl:stylesheet or xsl:transform as its root. In fact more specifically I think
it means the local name of the root element was not "stylesheet" or
"transform" - you get a different message if only the namespace is wrong.

Michael Kay
Saxonica