Re: [xsl] Why does my streaming program hang when the input is a streaming web site ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Why does my streaming program hang when the input is a streaming web site ?
From: "Philip Fearon pgfearo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 14:11:53 -0000
On 10-6-2014 11:55,  Abel Braaksma (Exselt)" <abel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It reminds me of a discussion at XML London I had with Charles Foster,
> and a question that came up at the end of my talk (not sure who to
> credit for the question). It was about what happens when output is large
> (needs streaming), but input is small.

The question at XML London came from myself - I failed to give my name
before asking the question and I fear it came out somewhat jumbled.
The answer seemed reasonable enough though, and I guess like others on
this list, I was unsure exactly how this buffering would be
implemented - so the answer here is interesting.

Phil Fearon