[xsl] Parse a date - exslt:parse-date in Saxon 6

Subject: [xsl] Parse a date - exslt:parse-date in Saxon 6
From: "Kerry, Richard richard.kerry@xxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 17:18:07 -0000
I'm doing DocBook transformations using Saxon 6.

I have some dates in my original document in variable formats which I want to
convert to a standard format.  I would expect to do this using some sort of
parse function, then some sort of format function.

The parser will probably need a hint as to what the format is (I know it will
be one of a variety of UK formats, not US format).

I can see that a suitable parser function (parse-date) is defined in Exslt but
it isn't clear whether it is already available to me or how to get it into use
if not.  Actually according to the exslt documentation it is definitely not
available in any XSLT processor but there are JavaScript and Msxsl
implementations available.

Can someone advise how I can get this to work ?

Can I get Saxon 6 to call a JavaScript function ?

Trying it following the explanation on the Exslt site, which includes:

   <func:script implements-prefix="date"
      language="exslt:javascript"
      src="date.js" />

gives me a message "Unknown Saxon extension element: script".

Regards,

Richard.

[Blue line]
Richard Kerry
BNCS Engineer, SI SOL Telco & Media Vertical Practice
T: +44 (0)20 3618 2669
M: +44 (0)7812 325518
G300, Stadium House, Wood Lane, London, W12 7TA
richard.kerry@xxxxxxxx<https://webmail.siemens-it-solutions.com/owa/redir.asp
x?C=9fb20d019e3e4cb99344d708709a3177&URL=mailto%3arichard.kerry%40atos.net>

[Atos logo]
This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely
for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity
cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability cannot be
triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain
a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this
transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting
from any virus transmitt

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/xml which had a name of attachment.ashx]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/xml which had a name of attachment.ashx]