Re: [xsl] xsl-fo and professional publishing

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl-fo and professional publishing
From: "Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 21:06:24 -0000
I'm happy to be proven wrong on my no-FO-in-publishing assertion--mine is
based on what I've seen in my Publishing clients, but then I have those
clients largely because they don't already have a good XML solution, so
there's very likely some selection bias there.

Liam: are you able to disclose who any of these larger publishers are? I
don't doubt your assertion, just curious who they are.

It does make sense that for fiction, in particular, it would be entirely
realistic to use XSL-FO and some relatively simple parameterization of
details like page geometry, fonts, and chapter opener decoration to
produce good-quality books.

Cheers,

E.
bbbbb