[xsl] Saxon/C and Python?

Subject: [xsl] Saxon/C and Python?
From: "andy xsl-list andyxsllist@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 23:15:27 -0000
I recently became aware of Saxon/C, and as a frequent CPython user (as well
as a frequent Saxon user), I'm naturally wondering about the feasability of
generating some Python bindings for Saxon/C. I know there are some tools
that might help with the problem -- SWIG for example -- but I don't know
much beyond that.

I'm interested to find out if anyone here has a sense for how difficult it
would be to get some Saxon/C Python bindings together, and also whether
anyone is interested in collaborating on such a project. I'd have to guess
these bindings would be useful to a not inconsiderable number of people.

Andy