Re: [xsl] Getting epub: namespace into root html element

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting epub: namespace into root html element
From: "Peter West lists@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 00:47:56 -0000
On 25 Jun 2014, at 8:37 pm, Abel Braaksma (Exselt) abel@xxxxxxxxxx

> Indeed, the xsl:namespace instruction will be ignored or used for all node
types except document nodes, which will raise an error. In addition, if the
stylesheet is complex, you may want to just add the namespace node to the root
node, so that you do not have to add it to all your other node creation
instructions:

> <xsl:template match="/*">
> <xsl:copy>
> <xsl:namespace name="epub">http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops</xsl:namespace>
> <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()"/>
> </xsl:copy>
> </xsl:template>

Hi Abel,

This also works, provided I retain the original

    <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
        <xsl:copy>
        </xsl:copy>
    </xsl:template>

as well.  And as you noted, XSLT 3.0 provides html5 output.

Peter West

"...for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your
souls."