Re: [xsl] Question Michael Kay [use to be:Replacing = with == and ===]

Subject: Re: [xsl] Question Michael Kay [use to be:Replacing = with == and ===]
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 09:34:16 -0000
A bit of protocol:

* If you're writing on a public list, address your questions to the whole
audience, not to a specific individual

* I don't know anything (much) about eXist

* This list is about XSLT, and there's a strict policy about staying on-topic.
I don't see any XSLT content in this question.

Michael Kay
Saxonica
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
+44 (0) 118 946 5893

On 6 Aug 2014, at 06:06, L2L 2L emanuelallen@xxxxxxxxxxx

> ... Here: http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/eXide/index.html
>
> This is an open environment to writing xQuery in --somewhat-- the browser.
>
> In your version, you defined namespace for the window's objects, and methods
to be use in xQuery environment.

> ... I don't want to waste any more time on this and just concentrate on
JavaScript for all my scripting requirement.

> I just would like to query you on a few things.
>
> Going through this approach:http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/eXide/index.html
>
> Can one extract the window namespace modular from your source ode as is, and
place it in this as a modular namespace to access extended method and property
of the window object?

> If so, can't one link a file to that file their server to the web browser to
run the code in the file on the web browser with a connection open? Like a
chat socket --such a novice, don't have the understanding to be using this
word-- to open up a lexical --again, not quite  there yet with this
terminology-- to be of effect to the environment in the browser. As
transferring the scope environment. So it'll be more of a mixture with
namespace:

> One is the browser and the other is xQuery.
>
> Would this work in away? Would it simplified everything, this theory that I
have wrote to you, could it be done?

> eXist have reply to me that, this is an interested feature to add on, but
not at the immediate time due to shortest of hands. I wish to simplified this
for them... Make it to where it's a more sudo approach --not actually in the
browser, but the effect of it being as if it was actually running in the
browsers--  to the situation/problem. Giving developers who work with XML and
JavaScript a chance to actually tries something new, and write in xQuery; to
both query the DOM, and access the method and properties of the window/DOM
object.

> Again, not actually being invoke in the browser, but via connection of an
open scope to the server to use the lexicon environment of the xQuery engine.