Re: [xsl] Problems grouping nested items within a completely flat structure

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problems grouping nested items within a completely flat structure
From: "David Rudel fwqhgads@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 14:03:11 -0000
Frank,
If these sections are truly nested, in other words "1st Section"
elements are section headings and "2nd Section" elements are
sub-section headings and "3rd section" elements are sub-sub-section
headings, etc., then what I wrote earlier has to be modified.

The modification required depends a good deal on the structure:
Are there always 4 levels of sections?
Is the first element after, for example, a 1st Section element always
a 2nd section element, or can you have some body text summarizing the
section before the sub-section begins, etc?

Feel free to send me an abbreviated/redacted version of the file you
are looking at, and I'll give it a go sometime.
-David

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Wegmann, Frank
frank.wegmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi David.
>

> In principle, there could be deeply further nested lists. In fact, this is
> not the case with the files at hand, so there are just two levels. But
> chapters are nested five levels down: para[@pgftag=bChapterb],
> para[@pgftag=b1st Sectionb], ..., para[@pgftag=b4th Sectionb], and
they are
> all siblings of one another:-(
>
> And my source file is about 5 MB large, so I need a scalable solution, my
> own one wasnbt...
>

> Frank

Dr.

--

"A false conclusion, once arrived at and widely accepted is not
dislodged easily, and the less it is understood, the more tenaciously