[xsl] Pattern notation for preceding-sibling

Subject: [xsl] Pattern notation for preceding-sibling
From: "Heiko Niemann kontakt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 09:49:29 -0000
Hi,

a rather basic question, but I was not able to find samples/answers for it
yet.

Elements A,B,B,N,E,B,C are contained in element foo.

/foo/E/preceding-sibling::* will return A,B,B,N;

/foo/E/preceding-sibling::N will return N;  - easy -

Now I want A,N to be returned, so my first guess is, that this might work:

/foo/E/preceding-sibling::(A,N)

But it does not, so I either have to write

/foo/E/(preceding-sibling::A, preceding-sibling::N) or

/foo/E/*[name() = ('A','N')]

So, is there a (short) notation that I missed so far, that does what I
expected /foo/E/preceding-sibling::(A,N) to do?

Regards,
Heiko