Re: [xsl] Rebuild an element without copying defaulted attributes?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Rebuild an element without copying defaulted attributes?
From: "Dan Vint dvint@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 14:06:26 -0000
Thanks, good to know what is coming.

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy NoteB. II

ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> </div><div>Subject: Re: [xsl] Rebuild an
element without copying defaulted attributes? </div><div>
from instances in all cases (assuming the documents will have DTDs or
schemas to then provide the defaults).

For DITA 1.3 we're using RELAX NG as the normative form of the DITA
vocabulary. DITA uses the RELAX NG DTD compatibility facilities to specify
attribute defaults, which makes it easy to know what the defaults are.

It should be relatively easy to implement an XSLT or XQuery to report all
the attribute defaults, which would certainly be useful for this sort of
DITA-to-DITA transform. I'll see if I can do something for this quickly
this weekend.

The RELAX NG versions of the vocabulary can be accessed from the DITA
Technical Committee's SVN repository:

http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/dita/doctypes/src

There are both 1.2 and 1.3 versions of the RELAX NG. In
doctypes/tools/relaxng there is some general XSLT code for working with
the RELAX NG documents.

Cheers,

Eliot
bbbbb