Re: [xsl] Datatype of a node

Subject: Re: [xsl] Datatype of a node
From: "Timothy W. Cook tim@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 16:42:27 -0000
Thanks Michael,

I assumed it was on-topic because it is XPath. Plus, Tommie is a nice
person.  :-)

Makes perfect sense why you can't do a type check (now that you explained
it).

Due to the naming conventions, only the first character is different in the
names of the matching nodes so I guess I can come up with a slice notation
and match the names, minus the first character?

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx <

> > The net result is that if an element is validated against type T, the
> expression (used in the assertion) "E instance of element(T)" should be
> true.
> >

>  Correction, "E instance of element(*, T)"
>

> Michael Kay
> Saxonica
> mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> +44 (0) 118 946 5893