Re: [xsl] special character encoding, two problems

Subject: Re: [xsl] special character encoding, two problems
From: "Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 19:23:13 -0000
It also shouldn't matter how the characters are encoded if the XML
document is otherwise a Unicode document (e.g., encoded in UTF-8 or
UTF-16). Whether a given character is written as "A", "&#x41;",
"&#x0041;", or "&#65;" it's exactly same character to an XML parser. Any
processor that consumes XML yet expects or requires a specific form of
numeric character reference seems like an exceptionally broken processor,
since any conforming XML parser removes the need to care about how the XML
data has been written to disk (encoded as a byte sequence).

Cheers,

Eliot
bbbbb
Eliot Kimber, Owner