Re: [xsl] special character encoding, two problems

Subject: Re: [xsl] special character encoding, two problems
From: "Michael Sokolov msokolov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 02:28:30 -0000
On 10/24/2014 2:23 PM, Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

(As to indexing according to letters dismembered into US-ASCII, I can't imagine that this will be useful except for a very crude sorting criterion, e.g., "On which shelf do we stash author X?")

-W

We find that it *is* useful, if possibly incorrect by some lights, to index characters that look like ascii characters as those ascii characters (and untransformed), in the same way that Google correcting your spelling for you is usually useful, if occasionally irritating. Perhaps you are thinking of indexing as in print, but I think it more likely that Danina was referring to indexing on a computer.

Mike