[xsl] XSLT3.0: How to find the definition of the built-in template for any atomic item, in the spec

Subject: [xsl] XSLT3.0: How to find the definition of the built-in template for any atomic item, in the spec
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 19:36:56 -0000
Section  of the 2nd Last Call of the XSLT 3.0 spec contains this text:

"The built-in template rule for text and attribute nodes returns a
text node containing the string value of the context node. It is
effectively:

<xsl:template match="text()|@*" mode="M">
  <xsl:value-of select="string(.)"/>
</xsl:template>

Note:

This text node may have a string value that is zero-length.

diff="chg" at="R-bug26751">The built-in template rule atomic values
returns a text node containing the value. It is effectively:

<xsl:template match=".[. instance of xs:anyAtomicType]" mode="M">
  <xsl:value-of select="string(.)"/>
</xsl:template>

Note:

This text node may have a string value that is zero-length."

This effectively hides the definition of the built-in template for any
atomic item -- I only found it accidentally. If you still don't see
it, let me know and I'll tell you where this is :)

I hope this could be improved in the next version of the specification.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev