Re: [xsl] xsl:for-each-group using multiple threads?

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:for-each-group using multiple threads?
From: "David Rudel fwqhgads@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 13:47:58 -0000
Hi Marc,
Just for reference---it may not be possible or optimal in your
implementation---the way I was thinking of making this streamable is
the following:

1. First do a for-each-group using group-adjacent to break the set
into large sub-sets (large enough where multi-threading is still
useful but small enough that they fit inside your memory capacity.)
Since this uses group-adjacent it is streamable.

2. Within the for-each-group, create a map whose fibers are the
individual groups you want to process using multiple threads.

3. Process those groups using a for-each with the saxon:threads attribute.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Marc Kupietz kupietz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--

"A false conclusion, once arrived at and widely accepted is not
dislodged easily, and the less it is understood, the more tenaciously