Re: [xsl] Performance of predicate-based patterns

Subject: Re: [xsl] Performance of predicate-based patterns
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 23:34:09 -0000
> You will end up with similar match pattern if you try to map Word
> styles (saved in WordprocessingML) into some XML structure. Style name
> is stored in a subelement which is two levels down from actual
> paragraph element. And a lot of publishing companies is processing
> Word input documents. You will have templates like:
>
> <xsl:template match="p[pPr/pStyle/@val = 'Heading 1']">
> <h1>
> <xsl:apply-templates/>
> <h1>
> </xsl:template>

We've got a precondition there that it will only match a <p> element, so
that's a good start. It then depends how many other rules there are that also
match <p> elements.

But yes, it would be good to look at some Word-ML stylesheets if anyone knows
of any. (I've come across a few over the years, but all specific to a
particular client.)

Michael Kay
Saxonica