Re: [xsl] Algorithm akin to namespace fixup for xslt?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Algorithm akin to namespace fixup for xslt?
From: "Alan Painter alan.painter@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 10:25:28 -0000
Dr Kay,

That gives me something new to try which looks good. I'm not entirely sure
about xsl:mode with 9.1 saxonica as it is not something I've used before
and I'm just reading about it.

Thanks for working through my sketchy details and borked post reply.

Very Best Regards

Given a deep tree of nodes, each element node within a namespace. A child
node inherits its parent namespace unless it specifically overrides it. Is
there an algorithm for choosing the "best" or perhaps "sparsest" set of
overriding namespace declarations, hence taking the most advantage of
inheritance.

My application of this algorithm isn't for namespaces but seems very
similar in requirement.

That's a pretty sketchy description, not helped by the fact that you
appended text from another thread which I assume is to be ignored.

Let's try another formulation, which might or might not be what you
intended: Given a document with lots of xml:lang attributes, eliminate
those that are redundant.

That one's fairly easy, I think:

<xsl:mode on-no-match="shallow-copy"/>
<xsl:template match="@xml:lang[. eq ancestor::*[@xml:lang][1]/@xml:lang"/>