Re: [xsl] Data type conversion in xslt 2

Subject: Re: [xsl] Data type conversion in xslt 2
From: "Syd Bauman s.bauman@xxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 04:07:18 -0000
I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds like you want
to output a string that includes U+0000 characters in your output.
This is hard, if not impossible, to do in XSLT because an XSLT
program is an XML document, and U+0000 is not a valid character in
an XML document.

See production 2 of the XML spec, which says:
               Char    ::=        #x9 | #xA | #xD | [#x20-#xD7FF] |
                                  [#xE000-#xFFFD] | [#x10000-#x10FFFF]

I don't actually have a suggestion at the moment, since you can't
easily write a NUL character out using commandline `sed` or `perl`
eihter. (My suggestion would normally be to have XSLT output U+2400
instead, and then convert those to NUL using something like `sed` or
`perl`.)