Re: [xsl] Increasing sequence ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Increasing sequence ?
From: "Leo Studer leo.studer@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 20:27:03 -0000
>>> Maybe the BaseX developers didn't implement proper short-cutting for
>>> the "every" expression.
>>>

>> Or maybe they expand 2 to 100000 into an actual list of 99999 numbers
prematurely.

> I think BaseX is open source and we will find the answer in the code.
>
> Even before that, here is another guess:
>
> Maybe they are implementing the "every" expression using parallelism,
> so they cannot stop the other three threads immediately when the
>
> Just one example where parallel execution is outperformed by
> sequential execution. The exact data may make parallel execution on it
> significantly slower than simple sequential execution.
>
> Speaking about BaseX:  Congratulations for their just announced 8.1
> version. Among other things they implemented "efficient Finger Tree
> algorithm for arrays" -- this is enormous -- really made my day.

I have been playing around with BaseX today. Nicely done. Unfortunately the do
not support schema validation yet ;-(

I have also been playing with Saxon in Oxygen. I wanted to measure execution
time for different code. However, I have no idea how to measure time in a
declarative language. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
Leo