Fwd: [BigList Fwd] [xsl] [ANN] XSLT at the XML Summer School

Subject: Fwd: [BigList Fwd] [xsl] [ANN] XSLT at the XML Summer School
From: "Tommie Usdin btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 20:30:20 -0000
Priscilla
This message was sent to the XSL-List administrative address. I suspect that
the sender intended to send it to you off-list.
 Tommie

David
If you meant to send it to the list, please re-send to
 <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Tommie

pwalmsley@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subscription information on the sender at:

http://lists.mulberrytech.com/list/xsl-list/roster/sub/?match=dsewell@virgini
a.edu

> From: David Sewell <dsewell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN] XSLT at the XML Summer School
> Date: June 4, 2015 at 4:21:40 PM EDT
> To: "Priscilla Walmsley pwalmsley@xxxxxxxxxxx"
<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Priscilla,
>
> Do you know if the VAT is waived for non-UK participants, or is it applied
to everyone since the product is being consumed (so to speak) on site?

> Both the Publishing With XML and XSLT and XQuery courses are attractive,
though time & budget may not cooperate.

> David Sewell
> University of Virginia Press
>
> On Thu, 4 Jun 2015, Priscilla Walmsley pwalmsley@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> We have announced the program for the XML Summer School, which takes place
>> September 13 - 18 in Oxford, UK.
>>
>> The XSLT and XQuery course may be of particular interest.  It is an
>> intermediate to advanced course with the goal of helping developers who
are
>> currently using XSLT to be more effective and efficient.  It's a great
>> opportunity to spend some time with XSLT and XQuery experts like Michael
>> Kay, Florent Georges and Adam Retter (and me!).  The classes are:
>>
>> - XSLT and XQuery Performance Workshop (taught by Michael Kay)
>> - Refactoring XSLT (taught by Priscilla Walmsley)
>> - Querying XML Databases with XQuery (taught by Adam Retter)
>> - XSLT 3.0 and XQuery 3.0 (taught by Florent Georges)
>>
>> There is also quite a lot of XSLT in the Hands-on Web Publishing course
for
>> slightly less experienced XSLT developers. Taught by Norm Walsh, Peter
>> Flynn, Lauren Wood and Matt Patterson, the classes teach practical methods
>> for transforming both XML and Word documents to HTML, ePub and other
target
>> formats.
>>
>> Of course, the rest of the curriculum and faculty are excellent also. You
>> can find out more at:
>>
>> http://xmlsummerschool.com/curriculum-2015/
>>
>> Consider travelling to the beautiful town of Oxford this summer to further
>> advance your XSLT skills and socialize with people with the same interests
>> and challenges in a relaxed setting.
>>
>> Please feel free to contact me if you have any question about the
curriculum
>> or the Summer School in general.  Hope to see you there!
>>
>> Priscilla
>>

> --
> David Sewell, Editorial and Technical Manager
> ROTUNDA, The University of Virginia Press
> PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA
> Email: dsewell@xxxxxxxxxxxx   Tel: +1 434 924 9973
> Web: http://rotunda.upress.virginia.edu/

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML