Re: [xsl] Get children and text, excluding a child

Subject: Re: [xsl] Get children and text, excluding a child
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 22:43:57 -0000
Just override the identity transformation, for example like this:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
 <xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="yes" indent="yes"/>
 <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

  <xsl:template match="node()|@*">
    <xsl:copy>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="span/number"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

When this transformation is applied on the provided source XML document:

<root>
< /root>

The wanted, correct result is produced:

<root>