[no subject]

------------------
The question corresponds basically to XPATH 1.0 (not 2.0 , not XSL).

I have an XML like this (snippet only):

<library>
            <catalog>
                        <book id="_1" name="Book1"/>
                        <book id="_2" name="Book2"/>
                        <book id="_3" name="Book3"/>
            </catalog>
            <customer>
                        <borrowed bookId="_1"/>
                        <borrowed bookId="_2"/>
            </customer>
</library>

In an application (Windows WPF / XAML), my execution context is e.g. the
element "borrowed" (e.g. <borrowed bookId="_1"/>).

I have to find the name of the book which is referenced as bookId.

So my XPATH expression is like this:
"//book[@id=self::*/@bookId]/@name"

Read as: give all books whose id equals to the bookId of the current node.

The Query  is executed for the "borrowed" node (execution context).

Unfortunately the expression doesn't return the result expected (rather an
empty set).

What is wrong in my understanding here?

------------------

Mit freundlichen Gr|_en / Kind regards
Dipl.-Ing. Piotr Malecki

ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems GmbH
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Hans Christoph Atzpodien
Executive Board: Andreas Burmester (Chairman), Dieter Rottsieper, Dr. Walter
Klausmann, Torsten Kvnker
Commercial Register: District Court of Kiel HRB 6960 KI
Registered Office: Kiel

Wie Sie wissen, kvnnen |ber das Internet versandte E-Mails unter fremdem Namen
erstellt oder der Inhalt verdndert werden.
Aus diesem Grund sind unsere als E-Mail verschickten Nachrichten grundsdtzlich
keine rechtsverbindlichen Erkldrungen.
Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail samt Anlagen ist vertraulich und u. U. rechtlich
gesch|tzt.

As you are aware, messages sent by e-mail can be manipulated by third parties.
For this reason our e-mail messages are generally not legally binding.
This electronic message (including any attachments) contains confidential
information and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure