Re: [xsl] Does Saxon support XPath 3.1?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Does Saxon support XPath 3.1?
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 04:16:09 -0000
On Sun, 2015-06-28 at 20:01 -0700, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 7:44 PM, Liam R. E. Quin <liam@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2015-06-29 at 00:22 +0000, Dimitre Novatchev
> >  dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> > > I apologize if I am asking for something obvious, but
> > > straightforward searching didn't locate any statements about
> > > Saxon support (implementation) of the XPath 3.1 W3C Standard.
> >
> > XPath 3.1 is not yet a W3C Recommendation (the nearest thing we
> > have to a standard).
>
> Thanks Liam,
>
> Yes, but XPath 3.1 is (since December 2014) a Candidate
> Recommendation, which is the closest point to becoming a
> Recommendation :)

Almost -- there are two more hurdles. But I'd expect any changes now
would be minor.

[...]

> Wasn't there some page with comparison of how different
> implementation support different versions of XPath? I vaguely
> remember that in the past there was such a page that provided
> information how different XSLT processors were passing the W3C Test
> Suite -- and this directly correlates to their compliants to the
> respective standard.

I used to maintain that information at the public XQuery page,
    http://www.w3.org/XML/Query/

(I suppose I could have separated it out onto an XPath page, but
Massimo marchiori had already started the XPath info there and it had a
sort of mmomentum).

When I got to 50 implementations of XQuery 1 it was too much work to
keep it up to date. I do still update it at times. I still
occasionally find implementations -- I think most recently I head
about Skytide's analytical platform using XQuery inside, although I
think it's actually using the implementation in DB2.

We do have test results for XQuery 3.0 and XPath 3.0 up at
http://dev.w3.org/2011/QT3-test-suite/ReportingResults/

The 3.1 results aren't in yet -- Candidate Recomendation is a call for
implementations. Probably we should review the public test suite pages
and update them; that might be on the agenda for the upcoming face-to-
face meeting later this month.

Liam