Re: [xsl] Does Saxon support XPath 3.1?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Does Saxon support XPath 3.1?
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 08:41:06 -0000
Saxon 9.6 bsupportsb (I hate that verb) XPath 3.1 essentially as it
existed at the time 9.6 was released (October last year). Some of the new
features are available only in Saxon-PE or Saxon-EE. And the exact level of
support is very difficult to determine because the test suite at that time was
very incomplete.

There has actually been a significant amount of spec creep since October, so
you really need to check conformance on a feature-by-feature basis.

Our current state of implementation is very close to complete - the main thing
missing is the adaptive serialization method. But there will be a lag before
webre able to release it, because webve got a lot of bwork in
progressb on XSLT 3.0 streaming and packaging that needs to be finished
before we can cut a new major release.

Michael Kay
Saxonica