Re: [xsl] Question on space normalization in serialization

Subject: Re: [xsl] Question on space normalization in serialization
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 22:26:31 -0000
As it happens Ibve been experimenting over the last couple of days
(encouraged by friends at oXygen) with bypassing the XML parserbs
attribute-value normalization when applied to stylesheets, so that the XPath
expression as parsed is the expression as written, enabling more accurate
diagnostics especially with long multi-line XPath expressions.

The trouble is it breaks edge cases where people really want those newlines in
string literals turned into spaces. Or rather, where they wrote test cases
that break if you change this.

Michael Kay
Saxonica