Re: [xsl] Navigating <xsl:for-each-group> groups

Subject: Re: [xsl] Navigating <xsl:for-each-group> groups
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:24:45 -0000
Michael M|ller-Hillebrand mmh@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Am 13.11.2015 um 15:54 schrieb Rick Quatro rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

As I am processing a for-each-group, I want to check some of the elements
within the group that are before or after the current node. I can use
preceding-sibling and following-sibling axes, but it doesn't seem like these
are restricted to the current-group. Is there a good way to query what is
before or after the current node of a group, while insuring that the query
stays within the group? Thanks. -Rick

I would understand your requirement in a way that might be solved by using something like this:

preceding-sibling::*[. = current-group()]
following-sibling::*[. = current-group()]

I.e. limit the result of your lookup along the preceding-sibling and following-sibling axes to the current group.

But he did a
  <xsl:for-each-group select="*" group-starting-with="one">

If he had
  <xsl:for-each-group select="*" group-by=".">
then your comparison would make sense.

Or did you want to use the `is` operator e.g.
  preceding-sibling::*[some $item in current-group() satisfies . is $item]
?