Re: [xsl] Review of Dimitre Novatchev's XSLT Pluralsight training

Subject: Re: [xsl] Review of Dimitre Novatchev's XSLT Pluralsight training
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 05:33:48 -0000
 Hi Michael,

Thank you for this extensive and insightful feedback. I am happy for
all people whom this course gave new knowledge and understanding.

I promise not to disappoint you in the next courses to come.

> I think the XSLT 3 prep will be more complicated because it's farther
removed from my experience.

The XSLT 3.0 course [3] (of which only Part 1 has been published so
far) is gradually becoming more important, especially given today's
news of the new XSLT 3.0 specification reaching the status of
Candidate Recommendation.

As the "XSLT 2.0 and 1.0 Foundations" course[1] , the XSLT 3.0 course
(and the second part) is (will be) at the intermediate level.

The XSLT 3.0 course presupposes knowledge of XPath 3.0 (and this can
be acquired from my XPath 3.0 course [2]),  and of XSLT 2.0.

Also, anyone starting this course needs to be aware that the second
module ("Packages in XSLT 3.0") can  be challenging on first reading
-- I recommend to anyone who isn't specifically interested in this
topic to skip this module and continue with the rest of the course.
Then, of course, the 2nd module could be addressed on a second
reading.

Cheers,
Dimitre

[1] "XSLT 2.0 and 1.0 Foundations" ,
https://app.pluralsight.com/library/courses/xslt-foundations-part1/table-of-c
ontents

[2] "The Evolution of XPath: Whatbs New in XPath 3.0",
https://app.pluralsight.com/library/courses/xpath-3-0-whats-new/table-of-cont
ents

[3] "What's New in XSLT 3.0: Part 1",
https://app.pluralsight.com/library/courses/xslt-3-0-whats-new-part1/table-of
-contents

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 1:28 PM, Michael Friedman
sumarimike@xxxxxxxxxxx <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Ibd like to take a moment to review and promote Dimitre Novatchevbs
XSLT

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev