Re: [xsl] Introducing myself to the list

Subject: Re: [xsl] Introducing myself to the list
From: "G. Ken Holman g.ken.holman@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 12:37:35 -0000
Welcome to the list!

Have you considered experimenting with the Saxon/CE product?

http://www.saxonica.com/ce/index.xml

This implements client-side XSLT 2.0 in modern browsers. You will find XSLT 2.0 far better than XSLT 1.0.

My own experimentation with Saxon/CE is realized on this page I created for my fellow members of a standards committee:

http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/Crane-UBL-Skeleton/

I, too, use Python as my programming language of choice for anything non-XML-related. But if the input is XML I have come to believe XSLT is the only way to go to process it. And Saxon/CE means you don't have to give up on XSLT 2.0 if you need do client-side processing or to create interactive web sites based on XML content.

I'm confident that if you are interested in XML processing, XSLT will do wonderful things for you. I built a career and then retired on the success of teaching and implementing XSLT and XSL-FO for clients around the world. It was a wonderful run!

Good luck!