Re: [xsl] New Line using XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] New Line using XSLT
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 13:57:21 -0000
Using separator=" & # x a ; " (without the spaces) should work in theory, but
it's a bit vulnerable to corruption if there's a complex pipeline processing
the XSLT code: the entity reference can get turned into a real newline, which
then gets turned into a single space by the process of attribute value
normalization next time the XML is parsed.

So codepoints-to-string(10) is probably more robust. Or if you prefer, use a
variable

<xsl:variable name="NL" select="codepoints-to-string(10)"/>

<xsl:value-of select="..." separator="{$NL}"/>

Michael Kay
Saxonica