Re: [xsl] Sebastian Rahtz

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sebastian Rahtz
From: "Tony Graham tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 23:34:41 -0000
On 16/03/2016 20:01, David Carlisle d.p.carlisle@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am sorry to report that Sebastian Rahtz has died after illness.

I, too, am sorry to hear that.

I have known Sebastian since the early 1990s, first via TeX and then
XML and XSL. He was an early member of this list, posting in 1998. He
produced one of the first XSL-FO implementations, passivetex. Any of
you using TEI will be aware of his work in that field  over several
years and his development of the XSLT support for TEI.

He was also active with DSSSL, before there was an XSLT or XSL-FO, plus he was one of the organisers of the first, and only, all-XSLT conference in 2001 [1].

Regards,

Tony Graham. -- Senior Architect XML Division Antenna House, Inc. ---- Skerries, Ireland tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

[1] http://xml.coverpages.org/xsltConferenceProgram200104.html