[xsl] Saxon-CE -- How to get Transform Results into a JS Variable?

Subject: [xsl] Saxon-CE -- How to get Transform Results into a JS Variable?
From: "Chris Despopoulos despopoulos_chriss@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 14:25:17 -0000
Hi all...
I understand that you can give Saxon-CS a resultDocument in the transform
file, and the transform results show up appended to or replacing the specified
HTML element.B  But I need to transform XML into JSON and pass that to
different methods.B  Up to now I've been using the browser's XSLT engine to do
this.B  I'd love to use Saxon-CE...B  Is there a reasonable way to get the
results into a variable?
(PS...B  Please don't tell me that I don't really want to get the results into
a variable.B  I understand the temptation to give that as an answer.)
ThanksB B B B B B B B B B  cud