Re: [xsl] Saxon-CE pass data to JS

Subject: Re: [xsl] Saxon-CE pass data to JS
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 20:41:26 -0000
> On 30 Jun 2016, at 17:14, Chris Despopoulos despopoulos_chriss@xxxxxxxxx
>

> I tried the following, but it doesn't find the object.  Clearly I'm missing
the paradigm...  Can you clarify for me?  I created an object in the window --
MyApp.buf.  But there's an error setting the client-property: buf...

> <ixsl:set-property name="buf" object="MyApp" select="MyString"/>
>
> Thanks             cud

> If you have the results in an XSLT variable, then I think you should be able
to pass this to Javascript code as an argument of an ixsl:call(), or you could
write it as a property of a Javascript object using ixsl:set-property.

> Incidentally, we're quite close now to shipping a first version of Saxon-JS,
which will be a replacement for Saxon-CE written in pure Javascript. The
interfaces between XSLT and JS will probably be quite similar.