Re: [xsl] detect sentence surrounding a tag

Subject: Re: [xsl] detect sentence surrounding a tag
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 20:28:51 -0000
On 26.07.2016 22:21, Dorothy Hoskins dorothy.hoskins@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
HI, in the case of the element A containing multiple sentences (assuming
"." as end of sentence punctuation), is there a reliable way to find the
sentence that surrounds the child element B wherever it occurs in A?

I think that the solution (regex?) will have to look backwards from the
start tag of B and past the end tag of A to the nearest "."

I recognize that if there is some abbreviation or decimal number in the
sentence that will be interpreted as the end of sentence. That's OK as a
limitation.

Can you post some sample input? If A contains sentences but a B element as well, does B contain part of a sentence or is it empty?