Re: [xsl] Xslt string Operation

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xslt string Operation
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 21:52:19 -0000
So,
The params had default values and that is exactly the way i am expecting
the caller to send these params. With fwd slashes, with .xml as file name
extention and always windows file name.. that is kind of why i put the
value in the param to give an example.
What i did works, but wanted to know if there was a better way.
Dak.

On Aug 24, 2016 4:13 PM, "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <

> Actually, you want OutFileName to be a function of fileHref and outDir,
> and you are asking us to work out what that function does from one example
> of its input and output. To do this properly we need to know what the
> possible range of values of fileHref and outDir is: for example, is
> fileHref always a Windows filename using forwards slashes to separate the
> parts of the path? Will it always end in ".xml"? Or since it's a param,
> might someone pass in a filename using backslashes, with no file extension?
>
> I would encourage you to use URIs rather than filenames. You could then
> use the resolve-uri() function for at least part of the task.
>
> Michael Kay
> Saxonica

> xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Dear all,