[xsl] Unanderstaing xsl:mode usage

Subject: [xsl] Unanderstaing xsl:mode usage
From: "Christophe Marchand cmarchand@xxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 14:38:05 -0000
Hello !

I have a XSLT 3.0 that uses streaming. Trying to run it with saxon9he (9.7.0-5 or 9.7.0-7), I get this error :

java -jar ~/applications/saxon-9.7.0-7/saxon9he.jar -xsl:generation-nomenclature.xsl -s:Paye_082011.xml
Static error at xsl:mode on line 7 column 33 of generation-nomenclature.xsl:
XTSE0010: Element xsl:mode must not appear directly within xsl:stylesheet
Static error at xsl:mode on line 7 column 33 of generation-nomenclature.xsl:
XTSE0010: Element xsl:mode must not appear directly within xsl:stylesheet
Static error at xsl:mode on line 7 column 33 of generation-nomenclature.xsl:
XTSE0010: Unknown XSLT element: mode
Errors were reported during stylesheet compilation

My XSL (the beginning) is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    exclude-result-prefixes="xs"
    version="3.0">

<xsl:mode streamable="yes"/>

The specification does not limit xsl:mode usage inside xsl:stylesheet, so I do not understand the cause of the static error. Any help will be appreciated !

Best, Christophe