Re: [xsl] streaming through a table, but don't stream the row level

Subject: Re: [xsl] streaming through a table, but don't stream the row level
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 17:48:38 -0000
XSLT 3.0 allows you to do

<xsl:source-document href="input.xml" streamable="yes">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="/*/row/copy-of(.)"/>
</xsl:source-document>

or in earlier drafts

<xsl:stream href="input.xml">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="/*/row/copy-of(.)"/>
</xsl:stream>

which streams the file into a sequence of "row" elements, each of which can be
internally processed in non-streaming mode using ordinary XSLT/XPath code,
provided it only needs to look inside one row at a time.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

> On 7 Jan 2017, at 17:08, Geert Bormans geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> All,
>
> I might be missing something
>
> An XML serialisation of an excel sheet just exploded into 1.4 GByte
> I have an XSLT that works on smaller subsets that I now want to apply on the
big file
> and if possible, I would prefer to not change all of my functions and
templates (that work on the row level) in to streaming mode
> Is there a way to process the table in streaming mode, but just process the
rows without caring about streaming there?