[xsl] Passing NodeSet into XSLT 1.0 in Java 7 via setParameter

Subject: [xsl] Passing NodeSet into XSLT 1.0 in Java 7 via setParameter
From: "Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 13:54:31 -0000
Baseline:

* Java 7
* Bundled version of Xalan
* java.xml.transformers.Transformer
* DOM

I want to create and pass a set of elements from Java into the model
where the stylesheet can add them to my output.

Is this possible? In particular, is there a type I can use from Java
such as NodeIterator that this particular processor will recognize as
a node-set and assign to a variable inside the stylesheet?

Or should I simply do all the manipulation in DOM? (I'm trying to keep
my dependencies to a minimum so I don't want to pull in Saxon, etc.)

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@xxxxxxxxxxx