Re: [xsl] Select everything up to and including the first <section>

Subject: Re: [xsl] Select everything up to and including the first <section>
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 21:47:02 -0000
> My context node is the <chapter> element. I want to select everything up to
> and including the first <section>.

In case this will be needed more than once, then using XSLT 1.0 one can do this:

        key('kPreceding', generate-id(/*/section[1]))  |   /*/section[1]

where the key is defined like this:

       <xsl:key name="kPreceding" match="node()"
use="generate-id(following-sibling::section[1])"/>

Note, that a variation of this may be useful in selecting all nodes
that are between any two consecutive <section/> siblings:

     <xsl:key name="kBetween" match="node()"
            use="concat(generate-id(preceding-sibling::section[1]),
generate-id(following-sibling::section[1]))"/>

and select the nodes with something like this:

     key('kBetween', concat(generate-id(/*/section[1]),
generate-id(/*/section[2])))

Cheers,
Dimitre

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 2:06 PM, Rick Quatro rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx