Re: [xsl] XSLT site

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT site
From: "Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 12:08:20 -0000
Hello Mukul,

I always kept a link to your page regarding static XSLT quality tool, and
moved some of the rules into my own Schematron ruleset. As OxygenXML now also
has some quality rules implemented I think it is worth exploring this path.
E.g. with XSLT packages it becomes even more important to follow some coding
rules.

Regarding a lot of the other content, there is way too much XSLT 1 stuff in
there. Just during the last two or three weeks I was coaching a new colleague
into XSLT, and only when we were leaving the simple element/attribute name
changes behind us and started using xsl:function and took advantage of clever
XPath features, he started to accept XSLT as a "proper" programming language.
Having said that, I would suggest to remove all of that ancient stuff and then
have a look at the rest.

In general, I think there are some new XSLT 3 concepts that deserve some
tutorials.

Thanks a lot for your contributions,

- Michael

http://gandhimukul.tripod.com/xslt/index.html

> This hasn't been updated in a while.
>
> Looking at this site, can anyone suggest if this site is still valuable? I
can start adding information to this, containing information related to XSLT
3.0 since its now a W3C REC.