Re: [xsl] Document processing order

Subject: Re: [xsl] Document processing order
From: "Peter Flynn peter@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 16:29:20 -0000
On 07/07/17 16:03, Joseph L. Casale jcasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have a situation where I need to remove child elements from two distinct paths
> relative to the root, however the second path from document order is inferred by
> an xpath query that depends on the existence of the earlier child elements.
>
> How does one accomplish such a task in xsl?

Am I right in deducing that your concern is that once the first set of
child elements has been removed, the information necessary to locate the
second set will no longer be present?

I don't think that is true for XSLT, as all the referenced location
information is computed before processing starts, when all elements are
still present.

///Peter